Monday, April 9, 2007

Perspectives and Passion!

After two wonderful days of lying in the luscious green grass while my Mom worked in the gardens, I woke up to this again! Can you believe it? It’s April and I was ready for Spring!

You know, 32 inches of snow really looks different through my eyes; not like this picture at all. When my mom shovels this path, it’s like I’m walking down a deep trench. I can look way up to see the sky and the tall trees, but don’t ask me to tell you what’s near ground level because I just can’t see it. My Mom sometimes calls snow beautiful, although she didn’t this time. To me, it’s just cold and a decent substitute for a cold drink of water. We just don’t see it in the same way.

This really got me to thinking (and you thought that dogs had trouble with that, hah!). We all really see and perceive the world in different ways! This isn’t just about “seeing” but how who we are affects how we look at the world. Don’t small children and dwarfs, people in wheelchairs and those who are blind interpret the world around them from various viewpoints? I know I’m nervous around strangers because someone abused and hit me. That affects how I view the world and sometimes I bark at people asking them to keep their distance. But that doesn’t make me a bad dog. Thank goodness my Mom and Dad recognize that! And that’s the other important thing I’m thinking about. Isn’t it important that we take time to recognize that we all see the world differently and respect everyone’s different perspective? By the way, my mom just taught me a new word for this –Tolerance! Do you think we all are as tolerant as we could be?

I was reading different perspectives on the blogs at Blogical Minds. They were talking about their passions. T. K.'s was football. Victoria's was sudoku. For Mia and Lindsey, their passion was friends. Jhonny's was music and Eddie's was science. Passion-- That’s a word I didn’t know. I looked it up; I Iike this word! Thanks Blogicians, now I know that how I feel about tolerance is one of my passions! What about you? Do you always see everything just like every one else? Is tolerance important to you too?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post do you have any more passions? One of my passions are sports. I aslo like Naruto evry once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I think puppys are cute and warm. When our dog libby(a husky,female) had puppys we saw she had a boy and girl and I tought the boy how to ride a toy car while I pushed it. michael

Harley said...

Hi,

One of my other passions is eating!! Is there anything better than that?

Michael, you did quite a job of training your puppy to ride a toy car! I'd rather learn to drive Mom's. Do you think you could teach me that?

Paws,
Harley

Holly said...

Hey,Harley this is Holly. Your blog made me think of my dog Maggie at home.She is protective of our house. She wasn't abuased or anything she is just very protective. I hope that you will break that habbit.

dashawn said...

Your writing made me think that we should be more tolerance or more understanding or maybe more paticne because some people get made over the silly things like steping on some one shoe or steping on some ones coat so yes I think some people could be more tolerance.