Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I want to answer everyone of the comments but that creates some serious problems for a big dog like me because I don’t type very well. As a matter of fact, that was one of the questions in the comments: How did I learn to type? Well, my mom taught me. I learned to go very carefully, one paw, one key at a time. You know, I can’t type fast like that. So I hope it’s ok with The Fifth Grade Webwriters that I answer your questions here on my blog and visit your blogs to make just a few comments every once in a while?!
Now I’m not an expert about maple syrup but I’m going to try to remember all Mom taught me so I can answer some questions:
1. I love seeing the buckets on the trees because that means spring but I’ve never helped with gathering sap or making the syrup.
2. About maple syrup and Aunt Jemima— Click here and then click on ingredients. Maple syrup is just that—maple syrup!
3. I haven’t made or tasted syrup and Mom won’t give me any with my pancake treats; she says it’s not good for me! What does she know! She does know how much I like scrambled eggs and she gives me just a taste once in a while! Then I’m in heaven!!!
4. My most favorite pancakes are apple, and then banana. My mom likes blueberry but that’s not my fav.
5. I am a German Shepherd and Spring is my favorite season! I love stretching out in the grass!!
6. Click here and read the section on The Sap System. Does that explain why you can’t make maple syrup in Georgia?
Now I have a question for you!!! How did all of you get to be such good commenters?
Monday, March 10, 2008
Mom decided that we were going out! The big snow was over and we needed some milk. So I’m in the backseat of the car watching as we head into Chardon and I hear Mom say “YES! Spring must be on it’s way!” and guess what I see?! Buckets on the maple trees.
How did they get there? Here’s some hints on how:
Why are they there? Do you know? Do you need a hint?
- One of my very favorite treats comes on the mornings my mom makes pancakes. When I sit in my spot, she brings me just a taste, actually 3 little bites. Have you any idea how good pancakes taste to me? They are soooooooooooo good!!
- Here’s another hint if you can complete the analogy: Buckets are to maple trees as ______________ is to pancakes.
Can you complete my analogy and explain the buckets on the trees?
Do you want to know more? Click here!